Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Kinect + DSLR

After already seeing plenty of this going around, Golan Levin's abstract XBox Kinect + DSLR combo is not too interesting at this point. One thing people need to understand is that humans are easily distracted, especially when it comes to lectures and interviews. The addition of the abstract design graphics to this interview paired with the poor sound pickup make this video slightly difficult to sit through and try to take in what he is talking about. I still think it's cool how they are receiving 3D imaging, however, I haven't seen too many fluid projects (I am aware it is a new technology). I'm looking forward to what they can do with this technology. I'm glad Golan talked about school and how important it is to work with other like-minded and skilled people, which is encouraging to hear that it holds value more so in the future. The more I hear about coding and really nitty-gritty tech stuff, the more nervous I get that I am falling behind on an important skill our school is not teaching or giving me time to learn. I am eager to learn coding and I intend to teach myself a lot of it, however, I would enjoy the help of experienced professionals. Overall, this video was good to watch and listen to. Golan had a lot to say and they picked good questions for him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment